Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hotel Penaga, Georgetown Penang

I was in Penang a few weeks ago to visit a friend while taking the opportunity of a mini vacation from my business trip to Kuala Lumpur. Georgetown being a UNESCO World Heritage Site - had experienced a boom of so-called boutique hotels to cater for its increasing tourist influx. 

My colleague swears by the Mr & Mrs Smith hotel group and me having never been to Penang I took the plunge and book a boutique hotel from Mr & Mrs Smith website. I decided on Penaga Hotel, right in the heart of Geogetown. 

Housed in one of refurnished pre-war townhouses Georgetown is famous for, I'm not really a fan of its decor, the materials they use looked really cheap..you can tell by the mirror and the scone lightings. 
Bathroom



 Bedroom decor. Not sure about the green latex-like couch. Not very comfortable either - I had to wear ear plugs because the street noise was never ending from motorcycles and beeps and the room was so badly sound proofed.




Hotel Facade




 Wall Art - Georgetown is embracing its artistic culture. 




 Lush & nice tropical landscape 








Would I stay there again? Definitely not, for USD160 I can opt for a full serviced 5 star hotels in Georgetown which may be too 'generic' or 'commercial' by some but at least I can be assured I'm getting bangs for bucks rather than the 'boutique' hotel which failed in proving me efficient service (turned up to the hotel and the receptionist was so unprofessional claimed I have no bookings under their hotel) and a comfortable stay. 







No comments:

Post a Comment