Thursday, August 9, 2012

Foyer


My foyer & study is depressing as hell and I have been working on it for the past 2 weeks. The first thing I did was embark on my first paint job ever. I have been inspired by a lot of greys and wanted something bold for a change. 


I was in Geelong today and saw this mirror at an antique shop. I have always wanted to try out a gold something in my home but have never got the guts to. For some reasons, the mirror really appealed to me and to my disappointment it was sold as a set with a console. Despite that, I wanted the mirror so bad, I bought the whole thing anyway. 

Watching Tom Ford Visionaires the other day, I, too was inspired by his stage setting. Very simple chic focal point of a gold detailed mirror. 



End result, I'm quite pleased with it. I picked up the two prints from a flea market, sold to me by a French dealer. With his French accent, anything he said was credible. He said they were 1950s and he advised me not to change the aluminium frames as they were original 1950s frame and I'm glad i listened to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment