Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cartier Tank Solo

Classic timeless pieces always does things to me. I always liked navy, grey, blazers, whites, monochromatic tones and ALWAYS wanted a square watch. In my opinion, there are no brands who do timeless square watches better than Jaegar LeCouture - Reverso & Cartier Tank Solo. For some reasons, I never understood the steep price for the Reverso, it looked like the price does not resonate its aesthetics.

I am keen/ready to add to my collection of watches and looking into a stainless steel everyday watch but somehow a proper dress watch had overtaken its priority and I'm just craving for a Cartier Tank Solo watch. My philosophy is that if you liked an item for several years, then you should definitely get it, same with my Panerai watch which I still love to-date.

I was a bit concerned of it being a Quartz - but again after much deliberation and education, I came in peace that Quartz is OK for a dress watch, in fact it is expected in a dress watch where in its form, should be elegant, discreet and oh so classy which a mechanical watch would not be able to do.

It was an impulse buy so I just clicked on Order yesterday when I was bored.

Here are some of the most iconic Tank Solo on the most iconic people in our times:

Jackie O & Warren Beatty


Andy Warhol

Yves Saint Laurent - 1983


the Gold version is equally as stunning. 






No comments:

Post a Comment