Monday, November 5, 2012

Financial Times + Tyler Brule + Monocle

I've been traveling a lot - from Shanghai, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore in a few weeks. Every time I fly Singapore Airlines, I look forward to reading a copy of Financial Times - whilst the journalism in the English paper is excellent, I most look forward to Tyler Brule's column the Fast Lane. I had no idea who he was but I just loved his column. He has impeccable taste in everything fine in life and his high flying career is the career I dreamed of. As I followed him more, I found out that he is founder of Wallpaper* magazine which was subsequently sold to Times and he has since started a new magazine - called Monocle. It didn't take me long to get a copy of the magazine when I saw it in a newsstand in Singapore. Reading the magazine will transport you to the world that is out there and gives you an overall brief on what's cool and relevant that is on offer in the world. Here is a video by Monocle featuring Melbourne's coffee great coffee culture

No comments:

Post a Comment